DENTSPLY Limited takes your privacy seriously and is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Because we do gather certain types of information from visitors to our websites, we have developed a privacy statement to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This statement discloses the types of information we gather, how it is used, and how you can edit any data that we’ve collected about you at any time.
- DENTSPLY respects the privacy of individuals who visit our website, send us e-mail, or participate in features/services we offer online. Accordingly, our policy regarding online privacy has been developed using the following guiding principles:
- DENTSPLY maintains a strict “no-spam” policy. Subscribers to our e-mail services or any other feature/service found on our website will not receive unsolicited e-mail messages from DENTSPLY.
- DENTSPLY collects information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on our website. When doing so, we will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data.
- DENTSPLY will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us (e.g. data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access).
- DENTSPLY will not share any information you have provided to us with anyone without your consent other than to provide the service you have requested. At the time you register for any such service, you will be notified of, and asked to consent to, the sharing of your information with any particular third party necessary to the provision of the requested service
Non-Personally Identifiable Data: Any time you visit the DENTSPLY website, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our website. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address, (ie the unique number used to identify your computer) and any search engine you may have used to locate the website. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the website, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, DENTSPLY gathers certain navigational information about where you go on our websites. This information enables us to determine which areas of the website are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors. In addition, this tracking data may be used to tailor information presented to you on our sites based on your previous use of the sites and your interests in particular topics.
How We Communicate with You
DENTSPLY may send authorised communications to you on the basis of the information you provide to us through e-mail or regular mail. We will not contact you by telephone, fax, or other means unless you have explicitly requested us to contact you in response to a specific enquiry, or request, or to arrange an appointment. You may also optout of e-mail and regular mail communications from us at any time (see the “Opt-Out Procedures” section below)
Disclosure of Personal Information
DENTSPLY understands the importance of your privacy. We collect and maintain the personal information of our customers for the use of DENTSPLY and its subsidiaries. We do not sell, rent, or trade customer information to third parties, other than as described below, and never without your consent.
Business Partners: DENTSPLY may partner with select distributors and other companies at various times to provide expanded services to our site visitors. As part of such a relationship, DENTSPLY may share with these companies the use of certain interactive website functions (e.g. the E-Mail Service). Information provided by site visitors through the use of such interactive functions may be available to both DENTSPLY and its partners.
Agents: DENTSPLY may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services and running special promotions. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or site visitors will never receive unsolicited e-mail messages from agents working on our behalf.
Business Transfers: In the event that DENTSPLY sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of DENTSPLY are acquired, information of the types listed in the “Information Collected” section above may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
Compliance with Law/Safety: DENTSPLY may disclose specific personal information based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our website, the sites themselves, or the public.
Policies on Children
Please note: this website is not to be used by people who are less than 18 years old.
Accessing the DENTSPLY website from outside of the United Kingdom
If you are visiting the DENTSPLY website from a location outside of the United Kingdom, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United Kingdom. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and other internal systems located within the United Kingdom.
The personal data record created through your registration with the DENTSPLY website can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
The DENTSPLY website may make chat rooms, careers, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
Opt-Out Procedures You may always optout of receiving future communications from DENTSPLY. Our sites allow users to optout of receiving such communications at the point where personal information is requested, or through other means as identified. Correcting, Updating and Removing Information
DENTSPLY supports the individual’s right to protect their privacy. Accordingly, You may update, modify or remove this information at any time by doing any of the following:
* Sending your request by e-mail to: Enquiry.firstname.lastname@example.org
* Visiting the following URL: www.dentsply.co.uk and using the “Contact Us” form
* Calling us on 01932 853422
Notification of Changes
Contacting the DENTSPLY website
DENTSPLY, Building 3, The Heights, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 ONY, United Kingdom